Michael C. Rajkowski
Mr. Rajkowski was born in St. Cloud, Minnesota. He graduated from St. John's University and William Mitchell College of Law . He joined the firm in 1995 and became a shareholder in 1998. His practices focused in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, eminent domain and business litigation. He is also an adjunct professor at the Saint Cloud Technical & Community College’s Legal Support Career Department.
In the area of personal injury and wrongful death, Mr. Rajkowski is committed to obtaining the best results for the injured people and grieving families. He has obtained numerous six figure trial verdicts and settlement for his clients. He is an advocate for his clients and will guide them through the difficult times after an accident occurs.
In the area of condemnation/eminent domain, Mr. Rajkowski has been a strong advocate for landowners' rights. He has represented landowners in a variety of local and state eminent domain proceedings. He has recently had significant involvement in cases against the CapX2020 Project, which involved public utilities erecting multiple 345kv lines throughout Minnesota. This involved hundreds of landowners. He argued successfully before the Minnesota Supreme Court on two occasions, advocating for landowner rights in regard to Minnesota’s “By The Farm” statute, which resulted in utilities being required to purchase landowners’ entire property beyond the easement the utility wished to acquire. See, Northern States Power Co. v. Aleckson, and Great River Energy v. Swedzinski.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain
- Business Litigation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1989
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1988
- St. John's University
- B.A. - 1984
- Adjunct Professor, Saint Cloud Technical & Community College
- Minnesota Eminent Domain Institute (M.E.D.I.), Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Seventh Judicial District Association, Member
- Stearns / Benton County Bar Association, Member
- Tri-County Humane Society
- New Beginnings
- Saint Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce and Business Development Council