A CLOSER LOOK
- BIRTHPLACE: St. Cloud, Minnesota
- FAMILY: Husband, Tom
- FAVORITE PART ABOUT HER WORK: Coming up with creative solutions that best fit my clients’ needs.
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: St. Petersburg, Russia
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY OUTSIDE OF WORK: Traveling, watching SCSU hockey, and trying out new restaurants
- FAVORITE BOOK: The Nightingale by Kirsten Hanna
- BEST ADVICE RECEIVED: Attitude is everything
- FUN FACT: Kirstin can speak Swedish
Kirstin Erickson is a part of the Trusts and Estates Practice Group at Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A. Her practice includes meeting with clients and their families to discuss the estate planning process such as the use of wills and trusts, estate and gift tax planning, medical assistance and nursing home planning, powers of attorney and health care directives, and guardianships or conservatorships. Kirstin's practice also includes drafting postnuptial and prenuptial agreements to help families accomplish their estate planning goals. She helps families probate wills and administer trusts after a family member dies, as well as preparing gift and estate tax returns. Additionally, Kirstin is a part of the Business Practice Group here and assists clients in a variety of real estate matters and business matters that affect them and their business.
Originally from St. Cloud, Erickson graduated magna cum laude with degrees in Psychology and Scandinavian Studies from Gustavus Adolphus College and cum laude from Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Erickson has experience in criminal prosecution, insurance defense, and business and estate planning work. She clerked for the Honorable Galen J. Vaa in Clay County and during law school volunteered at a self-help clinic aiding low income patrons in family law and criminal expungement matters. She currently volunteers with the Wills for Heroes program.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Psychological Science
- Major: Scandinavian Studies
- Minnesota, 2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers