Jeffrey P. Clancy
A CLOSER LOOK
- BIRTHPLACE: Saline, MI
- FAMILY: Wife-Lindsey, Daughter-Kennedy, Dog- Lucy
- FAVORITE PART ABOUT HIS WORK: Everyday is a new challenge. Finding creative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
- FAVORITE PLACES VISITED: Capri, Snowmass, Santorini
- FAVORITE ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE OF WORK: Travel, Family, Detroit Sports, getting out on the lake.
- FAVORITE BOOKS: Life-Keith Richards, The Great Shark Hunt
- BEST ADVICE RECEIVED: “Begin with the end in mind” –Lloyd Carr
- FUN FACT: Manager on two Michigan football Big Ten Championship teams.
Jeff is originally from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. He graduated from the University of Michigan in 2004. At Michigan, Jeff was the Senior Manager of the Michigan Football team earning the Hatch-Falk Scholarship. After graduation, Jeff worked as a Promotions Coordinator for the Detroit Tigers assisting with the 2005 All-Star Game.
Jeff attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he assisted the Washtenaw County Public Defender's Office Felony Division with trial preparation and court appearances. Additionally, Jeff worked as a legal extern for U.S. District Court Judge Bernard A. Friedman for the Eastern District of Michigan. Jeff has worked for the Minnesota Vikings, Stinson LLP., served as an adjunct professor at St. Cloud State University, and run his own solo practice.
Jeff was appointed to the Minnesota Telecom Alliance Regulatory Committee in 2013 and is a member of the Michigan Football Alumni Association.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Political Science
- Minnesota, 2010
- Minnesota Telecom Alliance, Associate Member/Regulatory Committee Member, 2013 to Present
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Member, 2013 to 2015
Classes & Seminars
- Business Law 235, St. Cloud State University, 2018 to 2020
- Sports Law 420, St. Cloud State University, 2017 to 2019
- Sports law 635, St. Cloud State University, 2017
Fraternities and Sororities
- Chi Phi
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan for the Hon. Bernard A. Friedman, Judicial Extern
- Ann Arbor Public Defender’s office, Student Attorney
- Minnesota Vikings, Intern
- Clancy Law Office, LLC, Principal, 2011 to 2013
- Clancy Law Office, LLC, Principal, 2015 to 2020
- Stinson, LLP, Of Counsel, 2013 to 2014
- LegalCorps, 2013
- Kids Fighting Hunger
- Hatch-Falk Memorial Scholarship