Representing Government Entities With Skill And Experience
Representing government entities of any size presents a unique set of challenges. You should work with an attorney who can help you respond to a wide variety of legal concerns, and who has the experience and skill to understand the shifting legal landscape you face.
Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A., attorneys bring decades of experience to their defense of governmental entities. We frequently represent or have represented most units of government, including the state of Minnesota, townships, school districts, municipalities and many of Minnesota’s 87 counties.
Offering Insight In A Wide Range Of Legal Matters
Our firm’s experience in handling governmental lawsuits extends to a wide range of litigated matters involving governmental entities. We can assist clients in a variety of areas, including:
- Data Practices Act
- Open meeting law
- Employment law matters, including EEOC and Minnesota Department of Human Rights charges; ADA lawsuits; actions under the ADEA; whistleblower claims; and other employment law-related claims
- Public official errors and omissions
- Section 1983 civil rights
- Land use matters, including variance appeals, conditional use permit appeals and environmental challenges
- Government vehicles
- Joint power entity defense
- General liability
- Premises liability
Our attorneys are proud to maintain current knowledge about the legal concerns facing government entities and make frequent presentations on government law. The topics of these presentations include:
- Government immunities
- Land use claims
- Employment law
- Township law
- County law
The best way to learn what our firm can do for you is to contact us to speak to one of our experienced attorneys.