Photo of Professionals at Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A.

A Legacy Of Service In Minnesota

  1. Home
  2.  » Family Law

Helping Families And Individuals Through Difficult Times

For generations, the lawyers at Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A., have helped people in throughout central Minnesota who are going through a divorce, dealing with paternity suits and navigating the adoption process. Our family law attorneys understand how to help you through the legal process while minimizing the emotional toll of dealing with these issues.

Our family law practice areas include:

  • Marital dissolution (divorce)
  • Legal separation
  • Child custody and child support
  • Spousal maintenance
  • Grandparent visitation
  • Paternity
  • Adoptions

We pride ourselves on being there when you need us to answer questions and offer guidance.

Representing Mothers And Fathers In Paternity Suits

At Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A., our lawyers represent both mothers trying to establish paternity to get financial support from the father and fathers trying to confirm paternity to attain parenting time. When a child is born out of wedlock in Minnesota, the father has no legal rights or obligations. Unless paternity can be established, the mother is granted sole custody and the father is not required to financially support the child. The father is also denied the right to have parenting time without a court order. Only by establishing paternity through the courts can fathers be legally granted parenting time and legally required to pay child support.

Establishing Visitation Rights For Grandparents

In Minnesota, you can seek court-ordered visitation as a grandparent under three different scenarios. If your grandchild lived with you for 12 months or more, you qualify to seek visitation. You also qualify if your grandchild’s parents have in the past been or are currently in a child custody negotiation, legally separated, or involved in a divorce or annulment. Grandparents can also petition the court for visitation if their own child (parent of the grandchild) is dead. If you need help establishing your qualification for visitation rights, we can help you petition the court so you can see your grandchildren again.

Contact The Family Law Attorneys At Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A.

To set up a initial consultation to discuss your family law needs, call Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A., at 320-200-4928 or fill out our online contact form.