Franz Joseph Vancura
A CLOSER LOOK
- BIRTHPLACE: New Ulm
- HOMETOWN: New Ulm
- FAMILY: Wife Clara
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY: Golf or Sailing
- FAVORITE CONTEMPORARY MUSIC ARTISTS: Tool, Pink Floyd, Muse, and Fleetwood Mac
- RECENT BOOK FAVORITE: Until the End of Time by physicist Brian Greene.
- WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT LAW: Practicing law allows me to help people and organizations achieve their goals.
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: Bayview, Idaho
- FUN FACT: I traveled to Japan alone at the age of 10 for several months. My parents are great people; times were just different then.
Franz began his law career as a law clerk to two district court judges in Walker, Minnesota before establishing a solo practice focusing on business law, estate planning, and family law. Franz joined the law firm of Brown, Krueger & Vancura, P.A. in 2015 which merged and became part of Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A. in 2021.
Since 2013, Franz has been assisting and advising clients in a variety of business law, estate planning, real property and family law matters. Franz enjoys researching complex legal issues and drafting written legal arguments.
Franz helped establish and serves on the board of directors of Paws & Claws Animal Rescue + Resort, a no-kill animal shelter and boarding facility in Hackensack, Minnesota. He also serves as a director of Camphill Village Minnesota and Serving, Teaching, and Empowering People which serve developmentally disabled adults in central Minnesota.
Franz was born and raised in New Ulm, Minnesota and attended college at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington; graduate school at K.U. Leuven in Leuven, Belgium; and law school at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis. Franz has played competitive rugby on three continents and was the captain of a curling team for seven years. Franz enjoys playing the guitar, sailing, golf, and living in outstate Minnesota.
- Business Law 25%
- Family Law 20%
- Real Property Law 20%
- Estate Planning 15%
- Civil Litigation 10%
- Municipal Law 5%
- Probate and Estate Administration 5%
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2011
- Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Philosophy
- Minnesota, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2012
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2013
- Brown, Krueger, & Vancura, P.A., Shareholder, 2015 to 2021
- Vancura Law Firm, Sole Practitioner, 2013 to 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Gonzaga University Rugby Football Club
- Using Computer Forensics to Enhance the Discovery of Electronically Stored Information , 7 U. St. Thomas. L.J. 727 (2010), 3, 2010