Chad A. Staul
Areas of Practice
A Closer Look
- BIRTHPLACE: Born in Sharon, Pennsylvania and grew up in Jamestown, North Dakota.
- FAMILY: A beautiful wife and two lovely daughters.
- FAVORITE PART ABOUT WORK: The collegial environment and the coffee
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: Glacier National Park
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY OUTSIDE OF WORK: Spending time with family, bowling and board games
- FAVORITE BOOK: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
- BEST ADVICE RECEIVED: Keep moving forward.
- FUN FACT: Sang on stage with Gene Simmons of KISS.
Chad has been named a top-rated employment and labor attorney in St. Cloud by Super Lawyers. He first received the Rising Star Award from Super Lawyers in 2015. He practices with the belief that within the law lies an intrinsic human element. He goes beyond helping clients to understand and comply with the law to come alongside them to guide them in protecting and building what they have.
Chad serves on the Employment, Medical Malpractice, and Trust Litigation Teams.
Serving on the Employment Team, Chad advises clients on a variety of issues, ranging from employment policies, contracts and compliance to workplace investigations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other employee complaints. His recent seminars covered everything from social media policies and handbook dos and don'ts to employee pay and workplace violence.
Serving on the Medical Malpractice Team, Chad assists in defending providers from any manner of claims, including malpractice, general negligence, and board and licensing investigations.
Born in Pennsylvania but raised in North Dakota, Chad received his bachelor's from St. Cloud State University and his law degree from Hamline University School of Law. His drive for work is easy to see. But you'll also find him devoting time to his wife and two daughters, playing their favorite board games.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Saint Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1998
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2013
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- MetroIBA, Member
- Stearns Benton Bar Association, Member
- Central Minnesota SHRM, Member
Classes & Seminars
- Workplace Violence: An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure, 09/18/2013
- Landmark Employment Decisions Dominate Supreme Court’s Recent Term – What Do They Mean for Your Workplace?, 07/16/2013
- Avoid Striking Out with Employee Pay - The most common and/or costly mistakes employers make when it comes to paying employees, and how to avoid them, 05/15/2013
- Employee Handbooks Roundtable, 05/14/2013
- Solutions for the Most Common FMLA Issues, 04/24/2013
- This Company Sucks: "Like?" - Drafting a lawful social network policy under current NLRB standards, 04/19/2013
- Avoiding Common Pay Practice Pitfalls, 03/20/2013
- Independent Contractors, Minnesota Trucking Association Annual Law Conference, 02/28/2013
- Coping with Workplace Diversity Issues – How Immigration Issues Impact Discrimination Claims, 02/21/2013
- Key Labor Law Developments for Non-Union and Union Employers Alike, 02/20/2013
- Key Employment Law Developments and Trends for 2013, 01/23/2013
- Three Keys to Lawful Background Checks, 04/27/2012
- Do's and Don'ts of Employee Handbook Drafting, 07/28/2011
- Social Media in the Workplace, 06/16/2011
- Hitting Employment Law Curveballs (at Target Field), 06/16/2011
- Strategies to Deal With an OFCCP Audit, Helping Employers in a Tough Economy, 05/06/2011
- Avoiding Litigation Through Sound and Lawful Documentation, Disciplinary and Discharge Procedures, 04/28/2011
- 3 Keys to Lawful Background Checks
- This Company Sucks, “Like?” – Drafting a Lawful Social Network Policy
- Dos and Don’ts of Employee Handbook Drafting
- The EEOC’s Stepped-Up Pursuit of Criminal Record Discrimination
- iEmpower Youth Program – Sherburne County Area United Way
- Executive Dialogue Group – St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce
- Past volunteer with Sherburne County Legal Advice Clinic
- Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity – Zeta Xi Chapter St. Cloud State University