A CLOSER LOOK
- HOMETOWN: Menahga, Minnesota
- FAMILY: Husband, three sons, and an English Bulldog named Elvis
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: Italy, and her hometown
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY: Being with family, baking, and exercising
- WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT LAW: Writing legal arguments and strategizing for trial.
- MY APPROACH: My clients can expect me to always be prepared. If I don’t know the answer to a legal question, I will tell them I don’t know and then will find the answer.
Kjellberg-Nelson was named a Minnesota Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thomson Reuters in 2017, 2018, & 2019 and received the Deb Oberlander Award from the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association in 2013 for her leadership, professionalism, skills, and advocacy in the practice of law.
Kjellberg-Nelson practices in the area of civil litigation, with a focus on employment and governmental liability. She joined Quinlivan & Hughes in June 2008 as a law clerk before being admitted to the Minnesota Bar in October 2009 and becoming an associate of the firm in January 2010. In August 2017, she was elected to the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association. In January 2018, she was elected a shareholder of the firm.
Kjellberg-Nelson attended the University of St. Thomas School of Law and Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Concordia College
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: English
- Major: Business
- Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2017 - Present
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Vice-Chair New Defense Lawyers Committee, 2011 - 2012, 2011 to 2012
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Co-Chair New Defense Lawyers Committee, 2012 - 2013, 2012 to 2013
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Membership Committee, 2016 - Present, 2016 to Present
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Association, Central Chapter Liaison, 2012 – 2013, 2012 to 2013
- Seventh Judicial District Bar Association
- Stearns / Benton County Bar Association