Michelle M. Draewell
A CLOSER LOOK
- BIRTHPLACE: Dell Rapids, South Dakota
- FAMILY: Husband Joshua, and three cats – Curtis, Olivia and Minka.
- FAVORITE PART ABOUT HER WORK: No day is ever the same.
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: Bavaria, Germany.
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY OUTSIDE OF WORK: Cooking, traveling and helping my husband coach youth soccer.
- BEST ADVICE RECEIVED: Don’t limit yourself.
- FUN FACT: Knows the difference between ten-pin, nine-pin and five-pin bowling, and has played all three.
Michelle Draewell's practice has given her a distinct perspective on what clients want from their attorney and how to best help them reach their goals. Her extensive experience includes handling commercial litigation, criminal prosecution and defense, contractual business, and liability defense matters.
She enjoys the complexity each case presents. She understands that no two cases are exactly alike and is dedicated to achieving the best outcome based on the needs of her clients.
Michelle served in the U.S. District Court of Minnesota as an extern for the Honorable Richard H. Kyle and represented low income clients on housing matters at the U of M's Housing Clinic.
She grew up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and has made Minnesota her home since she received her undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities. How she became a Green Bay Packer fan, no one really knows (no one is perfect).
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Environmental Law Moot Court
- Honors: Won Best Oral Argument in the 1L Section of Legal Research and Writing
- Honors: Team Member of the University of Minnesota Law School Mock Trial team
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2014
- Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2016
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- John E. Simonett Inn of Court
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Inns of Court