Jessie L. Sogge
A CLOSER LOOK
- FAMILY: Husband Brandon, daughters Macie and Abigail, and dog Diesel
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY: Spending time with family and friends, particularly outdoors.
- BEST ADVICE RECEIVED: There is no substitute for preparation.
- FAVORITE BOOK: Anything that my daughters like.
- FUN FACT: Jessie loves to travel. She has visited the majority of the United States as well as 22 or more countries, including studying abroad in Germany during High School and in Norway during law school.
Born and raised in central Minnesota, Jessie returned to her roots after obtaining her Juris Doctorate to practice law. She was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Sally Robertson in Todd and Wadena Counties immediately after law school and has been in private practice in St. Cloud since January 2008. While Jessie has been a licensed attorney for 10 years, her interest in the law dates back to junior high. In seventh grade Jessie helped petition the school board under Title IX to get women's gymnastics offered as a sport at her high school. ...Also, her grandmother always said she would become a lawyer because she liked to argue!
Jessie has been recognized by her peers for her leadership, professionalism, skills, and advocacy in the practice of law with the 2012 Deb Oberlander Award from the Minnesota Defense Laywers Association and as a Super Lawyer Rising star in 2020.
Jessie has a unique combination of practice experience with both the plaintiff and defense sides of civil cases as well as criminal prosecution and defense work. Her unique background allows her to assess her client's case from both her and her opponent's perspective. It also provided her with considerable trial experience. Her focus now centers on her personal injury practice, including motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, premises liability, wrongful death and workers' compensation.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Honors: Dean's List. Studied abroad at the Universities of Bergen and Oslo in Norway
- Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Law & Society
- Minor: Political Science and Psychology
- Minnesota, 2006
- Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2010
- MDLA Deb Oberlander Award Recipient, 2012
- Minnesota Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2020
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Chapter Coordination Committee, 2016 to Present
- MWL - Central Chapter, President, 2012 to 2018
- Minnesota Women Lawyers (MWL), Strategic Planning Task Force, 2014 to 2015
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Co-Chair, New Lawyer Committee, 2011 to 2013
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA), Member, 2008 to Present
- Dispute Resolution Institute (DRI), Annual Meeting Attendee, 2011 to 2011
- Seventh Judicial District Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- Stearns/Benton Bar Association, President, 2011 to 2011
- SBBA, Board of Directors, 2012 to 2018
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Co-Chair, Women in the Law Committee, 2019-Present
- MDLA, Trial Tactics Committee, 2017-2018
- MSBA, Assembly member, MWL Liaison, 2018-2019
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Partner Leadership Council, 2018-Present (Steering Committee 2021)
- Seventh Judicial District Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer 2017-Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Council Member 2019-Present