Bradley W. Hanson
Areas of Practice
A Closer Look
- BIRTHPLACE: Zumbrota, MN
- FAMILY: Wife and two children
Brad Hanson is a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is a past chair of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has been practicing for over 30 years and concentrates in the Trusts and Estates area, including estate planning; probate and trust administration; income, estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax planning; family business succession planning; medical assistance and nursing home planning; charitable giving and non-profit organizations.
In his practice, Brad helps his clients and their families accomplish their estate planning objectives with the minimum tax cost and frequently drafts instruments such as wills, revocable living trusts, disclaimer trusts, credit shelter and marital deduction trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, granter retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, antenuptial and postnuptial agreements, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, and supplemental and special needs trusts.
He also helps families probate wills and administer trusts after a family member dies and prepares gift and estate tax returns. Mr. Hanson is counsel for several foundations, educational institutions and other non-profit organizations in Central Minnesota.
He leads our firm's involvement in the Central Minnesota branch of Wills for Heroes, a service to provide free wills and other estate planning documents to first responders. Mr. Hanson was born in Zumbrota, Minnesota in 1959 and became a shareholder in the firm in 1994.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Minnesota, 1984
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1989
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Central Minnesota Estate Planning Council
- Central Minnesota Planned Giving Council
- MSBA Probate and Trust Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Stearns / Benton County Bar Association
Classes & Seminars
- Overview of Recent Changes in Tax Law that Affect Estate Planning , Minnesota State Bar Association
- Gifting and Income Tax Issues in the Small Estate , Minnesota CLE
- Ethical Issues in Estate Planning , Cathedral High School Education Foundation
- Funding Methods for Marital Deduction Planning , Minnesota CLE MSBA Probate and Trust Section Conference
- Preparing the 1041 , Minnesota CLE MSBA Probate and Trust Section Conference
- Valuation and Evaluation of Assets Tax Considerations in Basic Estate Plan , Minnesota CLE
- Handling Claims and Creditors in Probates , Minnesota CLE
- Tax Considerations in Basic Estate Plan , Minnesota CLE