Jolene R. Klocker Schley
A CLOSER LOOK
- BIRTHPLACE: St. Cloud, Minnesota
- FAMILY: Husband, daughter, two sons, and a crazy German Shepherd
- FAVORITE PART ABOUT HER WORK: Being able to assist clients achieve their goals and resolve complex problems involving subject matter that is often difficult to contemplate. It is truly a privilege to guide clients through difficult situations, especially when the unexpected happens. Making the entire process less intimidating, more comfortable, and as painless as possible is always a priority.
- FAVORITE PLACE VISITED: Grand Cayman
- FAVORITE ACTIVITY OUTSIDE OF WORK: Reading, traveling, deer hunting, bass fishing
- FUN FACT: Jolene told her parents she was going to be a lawyer when she was five years old because she liked watching L.A. Law on television. 19 years later she graduated from law school, never wavering from her decision.
Jolene Klocker Schley has been practicing for over 10 years and concentrates in the Trusts and Estate area, including estate planning; probate and trust administration; income, estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax planning; family business succession planning; medical assistance and nursing home planning; and charitable giving. Jolene is also part of the Business Practice Group. Prior to joining Quinlivan & Hughes in 2013, Jolene was the Legal/Compliance/Credit Administration Officer at a commercial bank in the Twin Cities.
In her practice, Jolene helps her clients and their families accomplish their estate planning objectives with the minimum tax cost. She frequently drafts instruments such as wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, revocable living trusts, disclaimer trusts, credit shelter and marital deduction trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, supplemental and special needs trusts, antenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and limited liability companies.
She also helps families probate wills and administer trusts after a family member dies, as well as preparing gift and estate tax returns.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2006
- College of St. Benedict, Saint Joseph, Minnesota
- B.S. - 2002
- Major: Political Science
- Minnesota, 2006
- Central Minnesota Estate Planning Council
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Section
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Association
- Seventh Judicial District Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Central Minnesota Planned Giving Council
- Monticello Chamber of Commerce and Industry