John H. Wenker
A CLOSER LOOK
- YEARS OF PRACTICE: 23
- MY APPROACH: Listen to and work with my clients to review their options and agree upon the best course of action for their legal needs.
- TYPE OF CLIENT: Individuals seeking estate planning, small business owners, and commercial property owners
John H. Wenker works in the Trust and Estates and Business Practice Groups of Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A. His practice includes Estate Planning matters, including meeting with clients to discuss the estate planning process such as the use of wills and trusts, estate and gift tax planning, medical assistance and nursing home planning, powers of attorney and health care directives, guardianships or conservatorships. Mr. Wenker also represents family members in probate matters, assisting personal representatives as they locate and distribute estate assets.
Mr. Wenker's work in the Business Practice Group includes work on real estate matters, business formation, and advice regarding on-going business matters. His real estate practice includes assisting clients in the sale or purchase of real estate and drafting and reviewing real estate documents such as leases, easements, and similar documents. The business practice includes providing contract review for clients and advice concerning the purchase and sale of assets.
Mr. Wenker has spoken professionally on the subjects of estate planning, real estate, medical assistance, and guardianships and conservatorships to St. Cloud Community Education, St. Cloud Area Legal Services, the Knights of Columbus, and the Central Minnesota Planned Giving Council.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- St. Cloud State University
- B.A. - 1981
- Minnesota, 1992
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Stearns / Benton County Bar Association, Member
- Central Minnesota Estate Planning Council, Past President
- Central Minnesota Builder's Association, Member
- Waite Park Chamber of Commerce, Member